Pre-orders now being accepted for delivery in early October.
Easy-to-implement lessons, designed by teachers, to enhance understanding of 11 themed topics introduced in The Life of the Sleeping Bear. This 24-page booklet includes grade level suggestions and educational standards to help guide exploration through in-depth learning in science, history math, and language arts/reading.
So, if you are worried about learning loss and looking for ways to jump start a successful year of learning with educational activities fun for the whole family, you can pre-order this booklet for $4,95. Order it with The Life of the Sleeping Bear ($29.95) and receive both the book and Educational Guide for $33.90, plus shipping and handling -- see the Value Package offering.
- Learn more about the First People of the Sleeping Bear Dunes area before and after the Europeans arrived.
- Read about area logging and the benefits of sustainable forestry.
- Explore dark skies.
- Find out more about how to protect native species (plants and animals) and how to prevent invasive species.
- Research maritime history and the ships that sailed through the Manitou Passage.
- Write stories and letters; design posters, charts, and brochures; lead a scavenger hunt; and create your own melting glacier.
- All while developing creativity, math and problem solving skills, and having fun!
For more information on The Life of the Sleeping Bear or Exploring Sleeping Bear: An Educational Guide for Use with The Life of the Sleeping Bear, email: book@